[meteorite-list] AD - Lang's No-Reserve Meteorite Auction

From: Iris Lang <rockgirl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:02 2004

Dear Meteorite List Members,

With the Tucson show less than six weeks away, we'd like to invite you to
preview some of the items in Lang's second annual No-Reserve Meteorite
Auction. We will have over sixty meteorite lots on offer during the Tucson
show, and many of them have hand-painted Huss numbers and are accompanied by
historic American Meteorite Laboratory labels. A number of lots also come
with rare Ward's labels.

This is a no-reserve silent auction, with all lots opening at one penny!
There is NO BUYER'S PREMIUM, so what you bid is what you pay.

Stop by the R.A. Langheinrich Meteorites - Lang's Fossils room any time
during the Tucson show to view the lots, place your bids, and join us in
some refreshment. No registration is necessary, and you can bid any time
from January 28, 2004 until the auction closes at 4 PM sharp, Saturday,
February 7, 2004.

R.A. Langheinrich Meteorites - Lang's Fossils
Best Western Executive Inn
333 West Drachman Street, Tucson, Arizona
Room 130
Tel (520) 791-7551

A few of the highlights include:

- Canyon Diablo individual, 760 grams, with desert patina and Huss #32.59

- Etter, TX, part slice 81.6 grams with Huss # H47.172 and original
American Meteorite Laboratory label

- Dar al Gani 476, 1.04 gram Martian shergottite part slice

- Kesen, historic Japanese fall, 1850, part slice

- Kyushu, historic Japanese fall, 1886, part slice

- Eagle, EL6, part slice with diamond lap finish, 1.93 grams

- Beaver, the "Jailhouse Meteorite," part slice 7.1 grams, with historic
Ward's label (#W5.32.13)

- Acapulco, three fragments totalling 0.27 grams

- Barwell, L6, 1.7 gram fragment. Rare British fall, 1965

- Carichic, H5, 55.3 gram end cut with Huss number (H438.42) and original
American Meteorite Laboratory label

- Estherville, MES, beautiful 37.3 gram part slice with diamond lap finish

- Hat Creek, Wyoming, veined L4. Small part slice with hand-painted
Nininger number (456.5) and original American Meteorite Laboratory label.

Remember, all lots start at one penny, with no reserve!

Please visit our special auction page for previews and photos:

http://www.nyrockman.com/auction.htm

More lots will be added prior to the auction.

Thank you for your interest,

Iris Lang
www.nyrockman.com
www.langsfossils.com