[meteorite-list] Tucson 2004 - Party and Events Info

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:02 2004

Ladies and Gentlemen:

With less than six weeks until the opening of the Tucson 2004 show,
Steve Arnold, President of International Meteorite Brokerage, and
myself are pleased to invite you to join us for:

THE FIFTH ANNUAL METEOR MAYHEM BIRTHDAY BASH & HARVEY AWARDS DINNER

Friday, February 6, 2004
At the ever-popular La Fuente restaurant
1749 North Oracle
Tucson, Arizona
8 pm 'til late

All are welcome, especially those making their first visit to the
Tucson show. As before, we have reserved the large private function
room at La Fuente, with private bar. We had well over 100 guests at
the 2003 party, and this event is a great opportunity to mingle with
most of the international meteorite collecting community in an
informal and fun atmosphere. Many margaritas are consumed, some
meteorite hounds appear in Wild West garb, and we have a Mariachi
band too. Not to mention La Fuente's excellent food, and that fact
that the restaurant is walking distance from two of the main show
hotels (The Vagabond and the Best Western Executive Inn). What more
could you want?

Please note: I will not be mailing out invitations this year. With a
very large mailing list and little free time, we've decided to
produce an online invite, which can be downloaded as a PDF. Details
will be posted later. Please reply to me by email if you plan to
attend the party, so I can get an idea of how many guests to expect.

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS OF THE TUCSON SHOW:

R.A. Langheinrich Meteorites no-reserve silent auction
Wed., January 28 through Sat., February 7, 2004
Location: Best Western Executive Inn, Room 130
http://www.nyrockman.com/auction.htm

Michael Blood - The People's Auction
Saturday, February 7, 2004
Location: TBA
http://www.michaelbloodmeteorites.com

Macovich Collection Auction
Sunday, February 8, 2004
Location: Inn Suites Hotel, Poolside
http://www.macovich.com

Looking forward to seeing you in just a few weeks' time.

Your hosts at the Tucson 2003 party:

http://www.paleozoic.org/shows/tucson-2003/pages/geoff-steve.htm

Regards to all,

Geoff Notkin and Steve Arnold