[meteorite-list] Lunar/Martian controversy

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:02 2004

Hi,

    Easiest expalnation is that the moonrocks we do find on Earth
have gotten here in a short timeframe. Probably zinged around
in the Earth-Moon system for a while and then had the bad luck
to smack us.
    And a "short" cosmic ray exposure age is a long time, at
least for us humans. Tektites have no CRE, proving that they
spent less than 25,000 years in space. In other words, there's a
lower bound to CRE ages, which corresponds to 0 years to 25,000
years. Of course, these tests may have become more refined and
and the lower bound smaller now.

Sterling K. Webb