[meteorite-list] Lunar/Martian controversy

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:02 2004

Thanx Eric,

If our max 19 million year CRE ages are correct relative to the carbon
dating, then materials from the ancient impacts are not around, or at least
in space or evident on Earth. Maybe on other planets...maybe.

Q: Does this imply that the Asteroid Belt is "out of bounds" for this
material, and that material released from the inner planets and moons will
only stick around for 20 or 30 million years before being filtered
out/vacuumed up by the the planets and moons inside the Belt? Cool concept
if so!!

Q: Do we think that it is possible for the moon's impact ejecta into space to
escape Earth's gravity? I would think not, or very-very little.

Cautious this time,

John