[meteorite-list] Christmas Day Mars Landing (Beagle 2)

From: STUARTATK_at_aol.com <STUARTATK_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:01 2004

--part1_1cb.166389ad.2d13ea0a_boundary

Hi,

Here in the UK anticipation is building up in advance of Beagle 2's
separation from the MARS EXPRESS orbiter later today. Beagle 2 is only small - same
diameter as a bicycle wheel in fact - but it's packed with science instruments.
With two out of every three probes sent to Mars so far failing, my fingers are
crossed so tightly they're going white...

If anyone's really bored they can read a piece I've written about Beagle on
www.newmars.com.

Go Beagle...! :-) (and good luck to the twin MERs, following close behind,
too!)

Stu

--part1_1cb.166389ad.2d13ea0a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT SIZE=3D2 PTSIZE=3D10 FAMILY=
=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">Hi,<BR>
<BR>
Here in the UK anticipation is building up in advance of Beagle 2's separati=
on from the MARS EXPRESS orbiter later today. Beagle 2 is only small - same=20=
diameter as a bicycle wheel in fact - but it's packed with science instrumen=
ts. With two out of every three probes sent to Mars so far failing, my finge=
rs are crossed so tightly they're going white...<BR>
<BR>
If anyone's really bored they can read a piece I've written about Beagle on=20=
<A HREF=3D"www.newmars.com">www.newmars.com</A>.<BR>
<BR>
Go Beagle...! :-) (and good luck to the twin MERs, following close behind, t=
oo!)<BR>
<BR>
Stu</FONT></HTML>

--part1_1cb.166389ad.2d13ea0a_boundary--