[meteorite-list] Credit where credit is due

From: Marcia Swanson <MJSOfArc_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:47 2004

Dear List,
Firstly, I would like to add, with Tom Web , my support and Prayers to
Steve Shoner, and Family, at a time in his lifetime of Meteorite
dedication , that just for once, recognises and gives credit for all the
possitive things he has done for this community . How many of us would
have the dedication to continue checking rock samples , just after
almost dying and fighting ADEM handicapping, requiring therapy, ect? How
many of us would listen to what everybody seemed to want at the time,
because of all the Ad's they were griping about taking up band-width (
read your archives!). We griped, and sick as he is, he tried to give us
what most, thought WE wanted, to keep the meteorite-list, more of an
informational site. So what did alot of us do? We filled the lull that
he struggled to clear the list with, with what!? C'mon little
meteorite-munching commando's, think? OKay, maybe now, the general
concensus is that having given us what we thought we wanted at first,
turned out to not be what it was cracked up to be, but that's not
because Steve didn't Show us the flip-side, right? I don't recall anyone
else jumping in and taking over the task. This is still a Great list,
we're still gonna gripe someimes, there are enough dedicated teachers,
meteorite hunters/deales/collectors/students to make this
site the Best it can be, but big #1, has got to be, going back to Art's
format to try at all costs to keep the back-biting OFF-LIST, wherever
humanly possible. We can still disagree with each other, (it's called
having a personal opinion, exchange of idea's, and theories and
expertise), but it doesn't have to get so agressive on personal levels,
at least on-list. : ) I've slipped myself a few times . Is it too early
for New Years resolutions? oh! and Kuddo's to Steve for going throuh
this last year of hell, and never once putting meteorites or us out of
sight or mind. I call that, real dedication. Best Regards All, Marcie