[meteorite-list] Dry Lake Grand Tour

From: Mark Jackson <chaositymeteoritics_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:46 2004

--0-93359283-1071319669=:26915

Bill and List,

After finding 75 and 60 gram Park Forests in July and seeing the deplorable weathering they had already been dealt, combined with a complete lack of response from the golf course management (only one course responded and the northernmost one at that) I decided that finding good stones was probably a bad bet after the first snow this year. I still remain convinced that the Forest Preserve is going to yield a large buried stone to a diligent person with a good metal detector; but they'll have to wade through a LOT of trash. BTW, winter is probably going to be the best time of year to search that area; of that I have little doubt.

Mark Jackson
Chaosity Meteoritics
chaositymeteoritics_at_yahoo.com

--0-93359283-1071319669=:26915

<DIV>Bill and List,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>After finding&nbsp;75 and 60 gram Park Forests in July and seeing the deplorable weathering they had already&nbsp;been dealt, combined with a complete lack of response from the golf course management (only one course responded and the northernmost one at that) I decided that finding good stones was probably&nbsp;a bad bet&nbsp;after the first snow this year. I still remain convinced that the Forest Preserve is going to yield a large buried stone to a diligent person with a good metal detector; but they'll have to wade through a LOT of trash. BTW,&nbsp;winter&nbsp;is probably going to be the best time of year to search that area; of that&nbsp;I have little doubt.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><BR><BR><DIV><FONT face="comic sans ms" color=#c00000 size=5><EM>Mark Jackson</EM></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=verdana>Chaosity Meteoritics</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial Narrow" color=#438059 size=3><A href="mailto:chaositymeteoritics_at_yahoo.com">chaositymeteoritics@yahoo.com</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-93359283-1071319669=:26915--