[meteorite-list] Mojave winds

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:45 2004

Hi Dave and List,

> On a different note, the town of Mohave experienced 81 mile an hour
> winds today, so does that transfer to new exposed meteorites on the
> dry lake beds there? Mobilize the troops!

I hope the wind dies down by tomorrow as I'm supposed to be out at
Goldstone tracking station getting a tour of the place by a long-time
user of my satellite tracking software. I hope to combine the trip
with a visit to one or two dry lakes in the area, so perhaps the
combination of summer/fall rains and recent high winds will have
uncovered a new meteorite or two. --Rob