[meteorite-list] The Pledge, or On The Wagon

From: Jerry A. Wallace <jwal2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:44 2004

Bill,

I suspect that was stated in 'computer' years, since all of the
arguments and flames
were transmitted electronically via email over the ethernet. That would
translate into
approximately 44 years in real time. These things will really age a feller.

But then that's not even a drop in the bucket compared to the eons that
those chunks,
bits, and pieces of space matter spend flying around out in the 'way out
yonder'
before they finally manage to collide with our little world and then end
up in our
fabulous collections as Bessy Specks.

So you see, it's all relative as to how you look at things.

Jerry