[meteorite-list] Is there room for a meteorite question ?

From: Kevin Fly Hill <khill_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:44 2004

Question: When water turns to ice the change to a crystal structure
 expands the volume (decreases density). Does this density/expansion change
also occur with the development of taenite/kamacite
lattices? ie. at the same temperature is the density of an iron meteorite
match the density of a "terrestrial" matching mixture that is
"noncrystalline"? Guess you could melt down one of your irons and compare?

Fly Hill