[meteorite-list] The Pledge, or On The Wagon

From: John Gwilliam <jkg_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:44 2004

--=====================_1139848==_.ALT

At 11:37 PM 12/10/03 -0500, Impactika_at_aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 12/10/2003 1:37:48 AM Mountain Standard Time,
>kelly_at_bhil.com writes:
>

>>Old Timers, you, over there sitting on the cracker barrels! Isn't it
>>obvious that Randy has never been through one of the tektite wars? You
>>think that this was bad, Randy? Why, I remember back in... '99,
>

>and I remember way back in 99, and in 2000, the many battles preceding the
>creation of the Association, the accusations, the name-calling. I am sure
>Steve (Arkansas) remembers it well.
>Who else was around then? and is still here.
>
>Anne M. Black
>www. IMPACTIKA.com
>IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com
>IMCA #2356

I was there. I remember that Michael Casper seemed to always be in a
running battle with Mike Farmer or Steve(the Original) Arnold. And who
could forget Joel Warren who was usually on the outs with just about
everyone, especially Gregory. Ahhh... and Julia "jj" Swaim who was mostly
responsible (if I remember correctly) for Ken Regelman leaving the List. I
think Dennis "The Meteorite Sheriff" Schnieder might still have a picture
of her somewhere.

Gee, it make me kind of misty-eyed to bring up all these memories. Those
were the good old days - high meteorite prices, no NWAs and cyber brawls
that make the current list arguments seem like child's play.

Have a good night,

John

--=====================_1139848==_.ALT

At 11:37 PM 12/10/03 -0500, Impactika_at_aol.com wrote:<br>
obvious that Randy has never been through one of the tektite wars? You
think that this was bad, Randy? Why, I remember back in...
and I remember way back in 99, and in 2000, the many battles preceding
the creation of the Association, the accusations, the name-calling. I am
sure Steve (Arkansas) remembers it well. <br>
Who else was around then?&nbsp; and is still here. <br>
Anne M. Black <br>
www. IMPACTIKA.com <br>
IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com <br>
I was there. I remember that Michael Casper seemed to always be in a
running battle with Mike Farmer or Steve(the Original) Arnold.&nbsp; And
who could forget Joel Warren who was usually on the outs with just about
everyone, especially Gregory.&nbsp; Ahhh... and Julia &quot;jj&quot;
Swaim who was mostly responsible (if I remember correctly) for Ken
Regelman leaving the List.&nbsp; I think Dennis &quot;The Meteorite
Sheriff&quot; Schnieder might still have a picture of her
somewhere.<br>
Gee, it make me kind of misty-eyed to bring up all these
memories.&nbsp;&nbsp; Those were the good old days - high meteorite
prices, no NWAs and cyber brawls that make the current list arguments
seem like child's play.<br>
Have a good night,<br>
John<br>