[meteorite-list] Re: Saw One Fireball

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:43 2004

Hello John and esteamed [sic] List,

Hey John? Haven't heard from you in a while.

>From what your wrote it sounds as if some meteorites
might have landed about 150 miles to the east of you!
Guess where that is?
That's right, beautiful Kingman, AZ. !!

I wonder if "Proud Tom" heard a sonic-boom?

If your fireball was a little to the north of "due
east", that might put it right over Gold Basin. (!?)
Just in case, I've forward your message to the Bolide
Chasers List. We've got a couple of team members out
there at that same time.

In any case, sounds like Arizona had a new meteorite
fall.

Bob V.

(P.S. - If any of you find it sitting on Red Dry Lake,
 - your number is "026" - ;-)

--__--__--

From: CalSouth1_at_aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 22:11:34 EST
To: meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com
Subject: [meteorite-list] Saw One Fireball

Well,

I finally got to see a small fireball during twilight
tonight at 5:26 PST. [Mon, 8 Dec 2003]
In the NE Quad about 15 deg. above the horizon and
streaking due East.
After it entered the atmosphere, it lasted for about 3
seconds and I saw a few particles fall off and trail
behind. Bright green and white glow.
It extinguished about 5 degrees above the horizon.
Location, Barstow, CA.

Really nice sight that was.

John