[meteorite-list] Question Orissa

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:43 2004

--part1_16a.27909130.2d08b5f8_boundary

(English follows)

Ciao Matteo,

ORISSA =E8 un posto umido ed abbastanza tropicale. Possibilmente per quel=20
motivo i meteoriti in modo da sono ossidati. Anche se non sono esperto nell=
e=20
condizioni di ossidazione (e di stabilit=E0) dei metalli, sembra a me che la=
 maggior=20
parte dei le scoperte =E8 delle zone sterili. =20

Sottoscritto: Non sarebbe niente di difettoso che scriveste in italiano da=20
almeno, potete aggiungere il testo originale in italiano dopo il vostro=20
messaggio in inglese.

Saluti
Doug Dawn
Il Messico

Hello Matteo,

ORISSA is a humid and enough tropical place. Possibly for that reason the=20
meteorites so as to they are oxidize to you. Even if they are not expert in=
 the=20
conditions of oxidation (and stability) of the metals, it seems to me that=20
the greater part of the discoveries is of the sterile zones. =20

Underwrite: It would not be nothing of defective that you wrote in Italian=20
from at least, you can add the text originates them in Italian after your=20
message in English.

Doug Dawn
Mexico

Hi Elton, Thanks for giving me the big hand in my meteor-maybes. You reall=
y=20
are an asset to us aspirng "newbees" on this list. I saw your reply to=20
Matteo and just wanted to assure you it was a translation failure, since in=20=
Italian=20
"because" and "why" look like each other, as in Tell me why! (Tell me the=20
reason; the "because"). I believe there is a good linguistics list somewher=
e=20
that has more info :)

Therefore: "So Only why its full of metal and have rain after the fall or=20
other?" =20

What Matteo meant was: "Then, Is the reason only because it is loaded with=20
metal and it rained after the fall, or {Is it} something else?

Perhaps the Orissans washed the recovered samples he is seeing, soaked them=20
etc., to remove the mud, compounding the problem.

Saludos, Doug Dawn
M=E9xico

En un mensaje con fecha 12/10/2003 8:16:10 AM Mexico Standard Time,=20
mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it escribe:

> Asunto: [meteorite-list] Question Orissa=20
> Fecha: 12/10/2003 8:16:10 AM Mexico Standard Time
> De: <A HREF=3D"mailto:mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it">mcomemeteorite2000@yah=
oo.it</A>
> Para: <A HREF=3D"mailto:meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com">meteorite-li=
st_at_meteoritecentral.com</A>
> Enviado por Internet=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Hello
>=20
> Why Orissa, a fresh fall, have sign of rusty in few
> time? Only why its full of metal and have rain after
> the fall or other?
> regards
>=20
> Matteo
>=20

--part1_16a.27909130.2d08b5f8_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">(English follows)<BR>
<BR>
Ciao Matteo,<BR>
<BR>
ORISSA =E8 un posto umido ed abbastanza tropicale.&nbsp; Possibilmente per q=
uel motivo i meteoriti in modo da sono ossidati.&nbsp; Anche se non sono esp=
erto nelle condizioni di ossidazione (e di stabilit=E0) dei metalli, sembra=20=
a me che la maggior parte dei le scoperte =E8 delle zone sterili.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Sottoscritto:&nbsp; Non sarebbe niente di difettoso che scriveste in italian=
o da almeno, potete aggiungere il testo originale in italiano dopo il vostro=
 messaggio in inglese.<BR>
<BR>
Saluti<BR>
Doug Dawn<BR>
Il Messico<BR>
<BR>
Hello Matteo,<BR>
<BR>
ORISSA is a humid and enough tropical place.&nbsp; Possibly for that reason=20=
the meteorites so as to they are oxidize to you.&nbsp; Even if they are not=20=
expert in the conditions of oxidation (and stability) of the metals, it seem=
s to me that the greater part of the discoveries is of the sterile zones.&nb=
sp; <BR>
<BR>
Underwrite:&nbsp; It would not be nothing of defective that you wrote in Ita=
lian from at least, you can add the text originates them in Italian after yo=
ur message in English.<BR>
<BR>
Doug Dawn<BR>
Mexico<BR>
<BR>
Hi Elton,&nbsp; Thanks for giving me the big hand in my meteor-maybes.&nbsp;=
 You really are an asset to us aspirng "newbees" on this list.&nbsp; I saw y=
our reply to Matteo and just wanted to assure you it was a translation failu=
re, since in Italian "because" and "why" look like each other, as in Tell me=
 why! (Tell me the reason; the "because").&nbsp; I believe there is a good l=
inguistics list somewhere that has more info :)<BR>
<BR>
Therefore:&nbsp; "So Only why its full of metal and have rain after the fall=
 or other?"&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
What Matteo meant was:&nbsp; "Then, Is the reason only because it is loaded=20=
with metal and it rained after the fall, or {Is it} something else?<BR>
<BR>
Perhaps the Orissans washed the recovered samples he is seeing, soaked them=20=
etc., to remove the mud, compounding the problem.<BR>
<BR>
Saludos,&nbsp; Doug Dawn<BR>
M=E9xico<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
En un mensaje con fecha 12/10/2003 8:16:10 AM Mexico Standard Time, mcomemet=
eorite2000_at_yahoo.it escribe:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Asunto: <B>[meteorite-list] Que=
stion Orissa </B><BR>