[meteorite-list] The Pledge, or On The Wagon

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:43 2004

Hi, Randy,

    I'll take the pledge.

    I hereby solemnly swear (and/or affirm) to stick to discussions of
nothing but meteorites and tektites (and asteroids and impacts and Mars
and orbital mechanics and interstellar dust and other planets and
spaceflight and comets and fall rates and fish from Europa...),
eschewing all temptations to join into barfights, catfights,
dealerfights, fingerpointing fights, and dust-ups in general, at least,
until I just can't stand it any longer. OK?

    Old Timers, you, over there sitting on the cracker barrels! Isn't it
obvious that Randy has never been through one of the tektite wars? You
think that this was bad, Randy? Why, I remember back in... '99, I think
it was... You see this scar here, right over my gallbladder? Well, an
australite... or maybe it was bediasite... Any way...

    From where the sun now stands, I will ignore all jerks forever.

Sterling K. Webb