[meteorite-list] My Top 10 of classic meteorites for Beginners

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:42 2004

Martin and others,

Martin, with your list you have captured my thought that started this thread.

What "classic" meteorites are first rate, recommended and available to
collectors, and as rocks should remain stable in our lifetime.

Mark Bostick, your list list also captured this thought. Other lists were a
combination of classics and personal favorites. Another list given by Chicago
Steve is, well...unique.

Norbert's list is an all-galaxy roster of primo cut/choice materials that do
belong on some kind of all time list. What a list it was...I wish they were
available to all of us.

My first list was written in about 3 minutes...I did not put a lot of thought
into it but would only change a few to create my own classic
list...meteorites that we all should own.

I'll give this list to others one day when they ask..."What would you
recommend I start my collection with?" The classics of course.

John

PS Maybe I'll make it a list of 20, or 50...