[meteorite-list] AW: Classic meteorites - my Top 10

From: Norbert Classen <trifid_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:39 2004

Hi John, and List,

If you hadn't added the word "classic" I would have
placed the new lunar Dhofar 908 on nr. one, for obvious
reasons. Doesn't matter, there are also lots of great
classic meteorites, and here's my Top 10:

1. Chassigny (martian dunite, and witnessed fall)
2. Nakhla (martian clinopyroxenite, and witnessed fall)
3. Shergotty (martian basalt, and witnessed fall)
4. Calcalong Creek (the first non-Antarctic lunar)
5. Ensisheim (yes, the only chondrite in my listing)
6. Governador Valadares (nakhlite find from Brazil)
7. Ibitira (vesicular eucrite fall from Brazil)
8. Novo-Urei (the first ureilite - yum, yum ;-)
9. Acapulco (now, that's a neat one, isn't it?)
10. Aubres (another type specimen, and a real beauty)

I know that this list might not fit into your definition
of "classic" meteorites, but that's my take of it ;-)

All the best,
Norbert