[meteorite-list] weathering grade

From: Ron Hartman <RNHARTMA_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:38 2004

Hello Bill,

The weathering scale was developed by F. Wlotzka (1993). This is the system
accepted by the Meteoritical Society. (The work is published in the
Meteorite Journal.)

I summarized this in my August, 2000 article (Meteorites 101) in the
Meteorite Times. Please see:
<<http://www.meteoritetimes.com/index_of_articles/index.htm>>

Ron Hartman