[meteorite-list] eBay ads-discussion

From: Thomas Webb <webbth1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:38 2004

--0-1516535257-1070477753=:35301

Elton,
According to the General List Policies it should say "Sale" rather than "Ad".
Thomas

"E.J" <jonee_at_epix.net> wrote:

A gentle comment here...

I think the purpose of the ebay Meteorites group is for people
interested in ebay auctions to have a single place to consolidate all
the announcements and to ease the traffic off this list. I don't quiet
see the reason for using both that list and the meteorite central list
but many do so.

I see a creep back towards tripple and quadruple postings across the
several lists and the notices are getting back to almost daily
anouncements for the same auctions.

I ask all sellers to do some soul searching and see if the frequency of
announcements and the posting of them here on the meteorite central list
is really in your and potential buyer's interests. You'll have to
decide that for yourself.

I am not objecting, per se, just an observation that the "ads" traffic
is perhaps rising above the comfort level on this lis again.

I thought I had most sales ads on this list filtered but some are
slipping through. I personally prefer to view potential acquisitions on
the ebay meteorites_at_yahoo groups.

IF you ARE going to post auctions here...PLEASE use the standard "AD" in
the subject line.(not Ebay or auction or sale etc).

Thanks!,
Elton

Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
--0-1516535257-1070477753=:35301

<DIV>Elton,</DIV>
<DIV>According to the General List Policies it should say "Sale" rather than "Ad".</DIV>
<DIV>Thomas<BR><BR><B><I>"E.J" &lt;jonee_at_epix.net&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid"><BR>A gentle comment here...<BR><BR>I think the purpose of the ebay Meteorites group is for people <BR>interested in ebay auctions to have a single place to consolidate all <BR>the announcements and to ease the traffic off this list. I don't quiet <BR>see the reason for using both that list and the meteorite central list <BR>but many do so.<BR><BR>I see a creep back towards tripple and quadruple postings across the <BR>several lists and the notices are getting back to almost daily <BR>anouncements for the same auctions.<BR><BR>I ask all sellers to do some soul searching and see if the frequency of <BR>announcements and the posting of them here on the meteorite central list <BR>is really in your and potential buyer's interests. You'll have to <BR>decide that for yourself.<BR><BR>I am not objecting, per se, just an observation that the "ads" traffic <BR>is perhaps rising above the
 comfort level on this lis again.<BR><BR>I thought I had most sales ads on this list filtered but some are <BR>slipping through. I personally prefer to view potential acquisitions on <BR>the ebay meteorites_at_yahoo groups. <BR><BR>IF you ARE going to post auctions here...PLEASE use the standard "AD" in <BR>the subject line.(not Ebay or auction or sale etc).<BR><BR>Thanks!,<BR>Elton<BR><BR><BR>______________________________________________<BR>Meteorite-list mailing list<BR>Meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com<BR>http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/meteorite-list</BLOCKQUOTE><p><hr SIZE=1>
Do you Yahoo!?<br>
--0-1516535257-1070477753=:35301--