[meteorite-list] Re: A Sign From Above (Sylacauga Meteorite)

From: RYAN PAWELSKI <yellowengine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:17:37 2004

Actually, there is no such thing as an Alabama "hick", there are only "rednecks" in Alabama. Just to clear things up, the following are the three different subgroups of the of the "subclassy" society, better known as hicks, hillbillys, and rednecks:

Hicks: Found in Midwestern states such as Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio.

Hillbillys (mountains or hills): Found in Appalachian and Ozark states such as Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas (Or "Our Kansas", because the hillbilly founders were jealous that Kansas had a "too-cool-for-school" name).

Rednecks (from hot southern sun): Found in south, southwestern, and southeastern states such as Texas, Nevada, New Mexico, Arizona, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida.

Maybe Jeff Foxworthy should write a word collection with all this here information in it!

Anyway, hope I helped ya'll in decipherin' them terms!

-Ryan