[meteorite-list] Are chondrites sedimentary rocks?

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:37 2004

Eric, Mark and others,

Since I've opened my novice brain on this subject, I'll try to help this
time. I think the settling process Eric is alluding to can in a sense be
compared to taking a bunch of different size balls/BB shot and placing them
in a container. Shake it a bit and what you have is a more compressed volume
with the little ones filling in around the bigger ones eliminating most of
the voids. When I look at any of my low value LL3's(3.0 to 3.5), I can see
such a distribution...making the settling process quite palatable.

Just a thought,

John