[meteorite-list] Spade Versus Estacado

From: Matt Morgan <mmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:37 2004

Hi Adam:
I suggest you pick up a piece of Spade and have a thin section made. Maybe
you are correct. But as we all know, the look of the cut face can be quite
deceiving vs. the thin section and chemical composition. Furthermore
Estacado is 35 mi away and is an S1, not S2-S3 like Spade. I suspect the two
are not paired.
Researchers?
Matt Morgan
http://www.mhmeteorites.com