[meteorite-list] identification if poss!

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:34 2004

Hi,=0D
I have been sent some material which was in an old box marked 'meteorites=
'.=20
It was sent to me as a gift and also to attempt some sort of visual id as=
see if this is meteoritic in origin.=0D
I have taken some pics.=0D
Notice that one of the pieces seems to have both caliche and also what lo=
oks
to me like morenosite and is quite shale-like (ie very weathered) but
slightly magnetic -the other kinda looks familiar, is more strongly magne=
tic
and seems to remind me of some irons I have seen but cannot recall!=0D
=0D
Please peruse and reply (offlist is fine, of course!)=0D
  =0D
 =0D
 http://homepage.ntlworld.com/entropydave/rocke1.jpg=0D
=0D