[meteorite-list] Quality Scam! Beware! [Fwd: eBay Security Check]

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:34 2004

Another Ebay warning.

There is a virus file that is attached to a message
that comes allegedly from Ebay, that tells the
receiver that they have "Won an auction" for such and
such an item... it can be anything.

It then says open the attachment for details of what
you have won.

And low and behold if you do, expect a nice and very
malicious infection of "bugbear" or some other
malicious virus. So, it seems that the virus spammers
have found a way to spread their virus programs via
Ebay.

Another reason for me to "hate" it?

(I do all of my email from Yahoo, which has an undated
Nortons for all attachments, and it has caught all of
them.)

ALWAYS check those attachments with an updated virus
proction program before opening them.

Steve Schoner/ams