[meteorite-list] RE: Most Expensive Meteorite Ever Sold on eBay (Zagami Mars Meteo rite)

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:33 2004

Hi All,

Regarding the pending auction of the good-sized piece of Zagami,
I found the following line with the quote by John Saul amusing:

> In the certification John states, "I have never personally seen
> a finer specimen of any of the Mars Meteorites in the hands of
> a private individual."

Okay, here's my answer to John:

<http://www.meteoriteman.com/collection/zagami.htm>

(Technically it's not in the "hands" of Bob Haag, but rather
only one hand... ;-)

I'm sure Bob Verish/Ron Baalke could provide images of Bob
holding LA 001 and/or LA 002, at least one of which should
qualify as being a "finer specimen" of a Mars meteorite in
the hand(s) of a private individual.