[meteorite-list] The Most Expensive Meteorite Ever Sold on eBay (Zagami Mars Meteorite)

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:33 2004

bah...zagami is now offer for $300-400/gr. for pieces
at 3 gr., for a gr.188 piece is possible buy for
$56,400, not $2393/gr. ask in the auction.....My first
slice of zagami I have buy for $800/gr. and fragment
for $1000/gr. if this person want I have 500 gr. of
DaG 670 for a good price.....
Regards

Matteo

http://www-curator.jsc.nasa.gov/curator/antmet/mmc/Zagami.pdf
> .
>
> Information and pictures are available at
>
> www.sell2all.com/mars .
>
> We are about to experience a phenomenon that will
> never occur again in our
> lifetime! Astronomers say this month Mars is getting
> closer to Earth and
> has not come this close (within 34,649,589 miles) in
> the last 5,000 years,
> but it may be as long as 60,000 years. On August 27
> at 75-power magnification
> Mars may look as large as the full moon to the naked
> eye. The owner
> of this Zagami specimen is hoping to sell this rare
> specimen for an even
> closer look! Out of 22,000 meteorites known to man,
> only 13 are actually
> known to be "Martian."
>
> Several Planetariums have expressed strong interest
> in owning this specific
> Zagami rock. The owners are hoping someone will buy
> it to donate to their
> favorite Planetarium in his or her honor. Also,
> private art collectors
> with "everything" who enjoy one-of-a-kind pieces
> could be potential buyers.
>
> Documentation of authenticity is provided by author
> and speaker John Saul,
> Ph.D., an Independent Registered Geologist who was
> selected "as the
> meteorite expert" by the scientific board which
> oversaw the drilling of the
> well known Siljan meteorite impact in Sweden. In the
> certification John
> states, "I have never personally seen a finer
> specimen of any of the Mars
> Meteorites in the hands of a private individual."
>
> The meteorite was also authenticated by Jean-Claude
> Boulliard in 2001. Mr.
> Boulliard is curator of the mineral collection of
> the UPMC, which was
> formerly the collection in the Sorbonne in France.
> The authentication
> certificates are available on the website listed
> above.
>
> Sell2All, Inc., a large seller on the eBay
> marketplace, has been selling
> products on eBay since 1998. More information about
> Sell2All, Inc., can be
> found at www.sell2all.com.
>
> For Additional Information Contact:
>
> Rob Simon, Sell2All, Inc. Linda McClenny
> Susan Peterson
> 402 475-7653, ext 115 205 556-9537
> 978-646-9675
> robs_at_sell2all.com lindatusc@att.net
> Susp1959_at_aol.com

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com