[meteorite-list] FW: The Vitim event and more

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:33 2004

Robert and others,

Serg from the Comet Meteorite Shop told me the same thing about Vitim at the
Springfield show. He said that travel to the area was long and
difficult...and that more money would be needed to do a serious investigation
of the site. He did say they had soil to evaluate, and that the
impact/explosion(?) damage to the area was significant.

This might have been a smaller scale Tunguska-like event? Much more work on
the site it is needed for sure.

John