[meteorite-list] Meteorite Collecting Ban

From: Sergey Vasiliev <svassiliev_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:31 2004

Dear List and Adam,

I do not have my copy of MetBase 6.0 yet so it is difficult
for me to compare the latest SNCs numbers but... ;-)

What about somebody who have a time and knowledge (Adam?) will make a
mathematic
formula to compare hot/cold deserts finds?

Something like that:

Deserts Finds:

QOF = ((n * t)/S) * LUCK * EXPIRIENSE

QOF = Quantity Of Finds
n = quantity of nomads or other meteorite hunters or scientists involved in
prospecting for meteorites
t = average time of one nomad (hunter, scientist) searching for meteorites
S = area in square km
LUCK - I don't know the math for that yet ;-)
EXPIRIENSE - All I know about this parameter is that it is going better time
wise

Sure you can add some parameters for moving ice in Antarctica to enlarge the
"S".
But... you have to accept that penguins were witness of the falls (too bad
we can't
understand it yet)

Anyway: (Non-Antarctic MINUS witness falls) in compare for the deserts.

Sergey