[meteorite-list] August "Meteorite" Magazine

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:29 2004

Dear Listees:

The August 2003 issue of "Meteorite" magazine is here, and should be=20
landing in subscribers' mailboxes any day now (or hitting them, if=20
you happen to live in Claxton, Georgia). I believe that you will all=20
find this to be a thoroughly fascinating issue -- it is the "Park=20
=46orest Special"!

This issue's features:

"The Fall of the Park Forest, Illinois Meteorite" Paul P. Sipiera
"In the Forest of the Night" Geoffrey Notkin & John Sinclair
"Rocks from the Red Planet - An Alternative Mission to Mars" Norbert Class=
en
"Kenya - A New Frontier" Gregory M. Hup=E9
"The Azuara Crater" Dr. Axel von Berg and Guido von Berg
"An Impact Crater Chain in Northern Spain" K. Ernstson, U.=20
Schussler, F. Claudin, & T. Ernstson
"Saint-Aubin: The New French Meteorite" Emmanuel Dransart & Michel Baron

In addition, there are columns devoted to Shirokovsky and Park Forest=20
by our own Martin Horejsi, a lovely Norton/Toffoli color Petrographic=20
Gallery of photos, Editor's column, letters, etc.

A great issue. Don't miss it! For new List members, find out all=20
about "Meteorite" magazine here:

http://www.meteor.co.nz

=46inally, this issue is a special treat for me, as -- after writing=20
regularly for "M" for six years -- this is my first cover photograph=20
(thanks Joel). Yes, that's List member John Sinclair's hand, holding=20
a freshly-fallen Park Forest meteorite on top of our authentic=20
strewnfield map, right *in* the strewnfield.

Regards,

Geoff N.