[meteorite-list] Re: Meteorite-list digest, Vol 1 #1833 - 23 msgs

From: Bob Martino <martino.6_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:28 2004

Mike,

You should have posted this request earlier! Until about 1 year ago, I lived
in Columbus. I now live in Tucson.

Until my move, I was Assistant Director of Perkins Observatory. <
http://www.perkins-observatory.org/ > This is a great astronomy education
site and it hosts meetings of the Columbus Astronomical Society <
http://www.the-cas.org/ >on the second Saturday of each month. Many members
also collect meteorites. The gift shop (that I opened a few years back) even
sells a few. This observatory is open to the public and always worth a stop
on a Friday or Saturday night (this is true for anyone on the list just
passing through Ohio).

One would think that COSI (the 800-Pound Gorilla of science centers, located
in Columbus) would have a decent collection of meteorites on exhibit, but
they don't. Perkins has a few. The Orton Geological Museum at the OSU campus
also has a few. There is a mineral show every spring (around April 1st) at
Vets Memorial which I used to shop for deals on meteorites. That was before
my first Tucson Show, of course, where I learned what a true deal on a
meteorite was! :)

-----
Bob Martino, Tucson, AZ

Can you really name a star? Read the Truth!
http://home.columbus.rr.com/starfaq/
.