[meteorite-list] Re: Tagish Lake a CI2??

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:16:28 2004

Hello List,

Last month there was a question raised about Tagish
Lake. I didn't see a reply to that post, but if there
has been a reply, and if this list of references is
redundant, I apologize.

Of course, the most recent work on Tagish Lake is
being presented this week at the MetSoc Meeting in
Munster, Germany. I just got my copy of MAPS and the
"Supplement", which has all the abstracts AND the
Meteoritical Bulletin, but I haven't had a chance to
read through all 250 pages.
-- Bob V.

---------------------
Searched the web for Tagish Lake meteorite CI2.
Results 1 - 10 of about 64 :

Tagish Lake Meteorite
... kg on the ice of Taku Arm, Tagish Lake, on January
... of Taku Arm and a small, unnamed lake
1.5 km ... consuming; recovery was prioritized based
on meteorite mass and ...
http://phobos.astro.uwo.ca/~pbrown/tagish/

PSRD: Tagish Lake Meteorite
... M. and others (2002) Light element geochemistry of
the Tagish Lake CI2 chondrite:
comparison ... ME, and Pieters, CM (2001) The Tagish
Lake meteorite: A possible ...
http://www.psrd.hawaii.edu/Dec02/TagishLake.html

37-5toc
... CT Pillinger: Light element geochemistry of the
Tagish Lake CI2 chondrite: Comparison ... JR Grant:
Magnetic study of magnetite in the Tagish Lake
meteorite, 763. ...
http://www.uark.edu/~meteor/37-5toc.htm

PhysicsWeb - Rock blasts in from the past
... In other words, Tagish Lake uniquely contains both
the primitive ... first hybrid of these two meteorite
groups, and ... suggested it should be classified as a
CI2. ...
http://physicsweb.org/article/world/13/12/4

Tagish Lake(CI2)
Tagish Lake(CI2). British Columbia,Canada Size:4.5mm
Tagish Lake Meteorite
Type CI2 Carbonaceous Chondrite. Fall January 18,2000.

http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~ug7s-ktu/e_tagish.htm

[PDF]1593.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
... These abundances are between the mean CM2 and the
mean CI1 compositions, consistent with Brown et al.'s
[1] classification of Tagish Lake as a CI2 meteorite.
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/lpsc2001/pdf/1593.pdf

[PDF]5171.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - View as HTML
... Introduction: The Tagish Lake meteorite was
collected after a bright fireball was seen across ...
ob- servations suggest that it might be classified as
CI2 [1]. As ...
http://www.lpi.usra.edu/meetings/metsoc2000/pdf/5171.pdf

[ More results from www.lpi.usra.edu ]

[meteorite-list] Tagish Lake, CH, and Bencubbin-like
meteorites
... is no formal procedure for meteorite
classification schemes ... said: > > "We tentatively
conclude that Tagish Lake is a ... are no examples of
CI2 chondrites, > and ...
http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/
2001-January/021154.html

[meteorite-list] Tagish Lake, CH, and Bencubbin-like
meteorites
... is no formal procedure for meteorite
classification schemes ... said: "We tentatively
conclude that Tagish Lake is a ... there are no
examples of CI2 chondrites, and ...
http://www.pairlist.net/pipermail/meteorite-list/2001-January/021153.html

[PDF]The Fall, Recovery, Orbit, and Composition of the
Tagish Lake ...
... 3 July 2000; accepted 6 September 2000 The Fall,
Recovery, Orbit, and Composition of the Tagish Lake
Meteorite: A New Type of Carbonaceous Chondrite Peter
G. Brown...
http://phobos.astro.uwo.ca/~pbrown/tagish/tagish_docs/
Science-reprint-pdf.pdf

Other Meteorites
... The Tagish Lake meteorite is a very rare CI2
matrix dominated carbonaceous chondrite.
It is the only example of an observed fall of this
type of meteorite. ...
http://www.ddfossils.com/inandwholsto.html

abst37-5
... Owing to the heterogeneous nature of the
meteorite, the measured carbon ... the data are
consistent with classification of Tagish Lake as a CI2
chondrite. ...
http://www.uark.edu/~meteor/abst37-5.htm

The Tagish Lake meteorite (as of 2002):

D. W. MITTLEFEHLDT: Geochemistry of the ungrouped
carbonaceous chondrite Tagish Lake, the anomalous CM
chondrite Bells, and comparison with CI and CM
chondrites ........ 703

M. M. GRADY, A. B. VERCHOVSKY, I. A. FRANCHI, I. P.
WRIGHT AND C. T. PILLINGER: Light element geochemistry
of the Tagish Lake CI2 chondrite: Comparison with CI1
and CM2 meteorites ...... 713