[meteorite-list] Park Forest splash forms update

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:09 2004

These objects could very well be spalled molten
material from the wake of the fireball. As the
meteoroid vaporized, the material would recondense in
the fireball's path.

Such objects are not often found because the
prevailing winds usually will desperse them widely.

However, if the jetstream is moving in the general
direction of the fireball's path, then these objects
"could" fall in the same area that the meteorite
fragments fell.

This could in the case of Park Forrest be the case.

Steve Schoner
http://www.geocities.com/meteorite_identification
http://www.geocities.com/american_meteorite_survey