[meteorite-list] non magnetic meteorites-Copper Meteorite

From: E.L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:09 2004

Yes HH Nininger did have someone bring him a copper blob which was
recovered "warm" etc. I recall that someone many years later made a
convincing report that this "copper meteorite"-- while recovered warm,
was actually a certain failed bearing/bushing from a Ford Trimotor
airplane engine. `Twas based on alloy composition and similar failures.

   Alas, my "bamaged drain " also doesn't recall the source.

Elton