[meteorite-list] Fw: Interesting item on eBay web site item#2171794657: Park Forest Meteorite Fragment w/Crust 2.8g

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:09 2004

Is this real?
Thanks, Tom
The proudest member of the IMCA 6168
----- Original Message -----
From: <knudson911_at_frontiernet.net>
To: <knudson911_at_frontiernet.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2003 8:12 AM
Subject: Interesting item on eBay web site item#2171794657: Park Forest

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2171794657

> Item Description:
> This meteorite fell on March 26th, 2003 at 11:50 p.m. in a suburb of
Chicago called Park Forest. Preliminary lab results are showing this to be
an L5 with two lithologies. One lithology consisting of a so-called "black
Chondrite" (heavily shocked) and the other lithologie containing shock
veins. What makes this meteorite so interesting is not its classification
but rather its history. It is not very often that a meteoroid breaks up into
thousands of meteorites over a well-populated area causing substantial
damage. Payment Options: I accept Paypal, Money Orders, and Cashier Checks.
No COD. FREE SHIPPING by USPS in the lower 48 only and $5 shipping for
Canada. Contact me within 72 hours after the end of the auction or anytime
if you have questions. Payment within 10 days or I will relist. Good luck
and thanks for bidding.