[meteorite-list] Re: Lets have a contest

From: Bob Martino <martino.6_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:13:08 2004

If meteorite collecting were like sex...

I'd have to pay a LOT of money for just a tiny little piece.
The more famous pieces would be even more expensive.
The cheap pieces would look kind of nasty and probably leave a mess.
Whatever I did get, I'd know that loads of other people had some of it too.
I would always covet the pieces that someone else collected.
I'd be able to find a LOT more books and magazines about collecting at the
book store.
I'd never let my wife know how much I was spending on my collection.
I'd never show off the collection to the kids at school.
When I was an old man, I'd think back fondly on the collection I once had.

-----
Bob Martino, Tucson, AZ

Can you really name a star? Read the Truth!
http://home.columbus.rr.com/starfaq/
.