[meteorite-list] Questions re Chicago's Rain of Meteorites

From: John Sinclair <JSinclairJr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:46 2004

Michael and List,
I asked several locals if they saw the fall. The ones that saw it said they
saw a bright flash of light (like daylight) before midnight on the 26th,
about 11:50 PM and then heard what sounded like 'rolling thunder' for
'several minutes'.
One girl I spoke with that works at a hotel I stayed said she saw the flash
of light and heard the rumble and it scared her terribly.
She said she knew something very strange was happening but she heard no
stones hitting.
She also said she checked the hotel clock and it was definitely before
midnight...'about 10 minutes to 12.'

unofficially, from list reports, it looks something like this....
Park Forest
Cook County, Illinois, USA
Fell March 26, 2003, 23:50 local time
L5 impact melt breccia