[meteorite-list] Re: OT Franklin Mineral Show/Mine Dig

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:11 2004

Elton posted:

>For folks in the Northeast-- a reminder that the Franklin Mineral
>Show (aka New Jersey Earth Science Mineral Show) in Franklin , NJ is
>coming up. The show is at Littel Center, just west of Junction of
>Rt. 23 and Rt. 517 in Franklin, New Jersey

Dear Elton and List:

The Franklin, NJ show is a great local event, and Elton and I have
met up there several times. As long as the weather cooperates,
Franklin is one of my favorite events of the year even though it's
small in comparison to the big national rock and fossil shows.

Most dealers set up outside on a grass playing field, and the show
has a friendly and laid-back atmosphere. Island Meteorite is always
in attendance, as well as a few other New York/New
Jersey/Connecticut/Pennsylvania meteorite collectors and dealers.
Lots of fossils and minerals too, and the outstanding Sterling Hill
florescent mineral and mining museum is just a few blocks away.

Highly recommended if you're within driving distance. The show runs
both Saturday and Sunday. I think the hours are 10 am to 6 pm on
Saturday, and 10 to 5 on Sunday (or something like that).

Regards,

Geoff N.

(See you there Elton)