[meteorite-list] Unique Stuff?

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:10 2004

--part1_39.3757663f.2bd5b81b_boundary

 bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de writes:

> It's their provenance not their targets that
> makes them peculiar for us.

And that's perfectly fine. I think everyone should collect for whatever
reason appeals to them. I was just reacting to what I perceived to be a
somewhat elitist insinuation that valuing meteorites which struck objects or
towns is somehow not as sophisticated as collecting by classification, or any
other reason for that matter.

<< Neither the Peekskill nor the Park Forest meteorites, nor the Wethersfield
L6 chondrite that smashed through Robert and Wanda Donahue's ceiling in 1982
make these meteorites something special for most of us here in old Europe. >>

OK, but I'd pose the same question: if it were to be "raining rocks" in
Karlsruhe, would they really-and-truly be of absolutely no more interest to
you than just another NWA of precisely the same type/cassification?

       Gregory

--part1_39.3757663f.2bd5b81b_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"> bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">It's their provenance not their=
 targets that<BR>
 makes them peculiar for us</BLOCKQUOTE>.<BR>
<BR>
And that's perfectly fine.&nbsp; I think everyone should collect for whateve=
r reason appeals to them.&nbsp; I was just reacting to what I perceived to b=
e a somewhat elitist insinuation that valuing meteorites which struck object=
s or towns is somehow not as sophisticated as collecting by classification,=20=
or any other reason for that matter.&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&lt;&lt; Neither the Peekskill nor the Park Forest meteorites, nor the Wethe=
rsfield<BR>
L6 chondrite that smashed through Robert and Wanda Donahue's ceiling in 1982=
<BR>
make these meteorites something special for most of us here in old Europe. &=
gt;&gt;<BR>
<BR>
OK, but I'd pose the same question:&nbsp; if it were to be "raining rocks" i=
n Karlsruhe, would they really-and-truly be of absolutely no more interest t=
o you than just another NWA of precisely the same type/cassification?&nbsp;&=
nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_39.3757663f.2bd5b81b_boundary--