[meteorite-list] gujba etch

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:10 2004

--------------000807050604040205070909

Well, as far as I know, the composition of the metal chondrules in CB:s
is quite complicated, every chondrule is homogenous, but compositions
vary among chondrules. Some scientists say, these beauties have cooled
quite rapidly, in fact Ni shows no evidence of diffusion in this primitive
chondrite (Gujba). It may be possible, that Gujba was plastically deformed.
This may have resulted from heating during compaction and accretion or
during impact heating following accretion, so I suppose, the etching may
 be
difficult. Anyway, if I had a piece of Gujba, I wouldn´t try...;- But
if some-
body has etched Gujba or some other CB:s, please, advice...

pekka

--
Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4
FIN-71330 Rasala
FINLAND
+ 358 400 818 912
Group Home Page: http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/eurocoin
Group Email Address: eurocoin_at_smartgroups.com
--------------000807050604040205070909
<head>
</head>
Well, as far as I know, the composition of the metal chondrules in CB:s<br>
is quite complicated, every chondrule is homogenous, &nbsp;but compositions<br>
vary among chondrules. Some scientists say, these beauties have cooled<br>
quite rapidly, in fact Ni shows no evidence of diffusion in this primitive<br>
chondrite (Gujba). It may be possible, that Gujba was plastically deformed.
This may have resulted from heating during compaction and accretion or <br>
during impact heating following accretion, so I suppose, the etching may
&nbsp;be <br>
difficult. Anyway, if I had a piece of Gujba, I wouldn&acute;t try...;- &nbsp;But if
&nbsp;some-<br>
body has etched Gujba or some other CB:s, &nbsp;please, advice...<br>
pekka<br>
harlan trammell wrote:<br>
 smart spam protection and 2 months FREE* ______________________________________________
Meteorite-list mailing list <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com">Meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/meteorite-list">http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/meteorite-list</a>
  <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">--
Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4
FIN-71330 Rasala
FINLAND