[meteorite-list] Genuine meteorite called tektite

From: Peter Marmet <p.marmet_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:07 2004

--------------E5DC15C299A24E2F1D775AC9

Hi Howard and list,

it has never been my intention to give the impression that I might know
more than others.
What I find rather funny is the whole long list of guesses what a
genuine meteorite might be.
Howard, I hope you agree that a guenine meteorite and a tectite is not
the same thing. I agree that not all
questions regarding tectites are answered. But that's not the point.
The funniest part - for me at least - is the end of the explanation
where it says:IT MAY BE PART
OF A LARGE IMPACT METEOR THAT STRUCK THE EARTH AND FELL BACK.
Fell back to where? It almost seems that the writer of the text is an
extra terrestrial ;-)

Have a nice weekend!

Peter Marmet

Howard Wu wrote:
Ok Peter, if your so smart where do tektites come from?
Howard Wu

Peter Marmet <p.marmet_at_dplanet.ch> wrote:
Hi list,
I don't know whether I should laugh or cry!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3602677694&category=13903:

FINALLY AS A BONUS YOU RECEIVE A GENUINE METEORITE PIECE.
       THE NAME OF THIS ROCK IS CALLED TEKTITE. SCIENTISTS ARE NOT
       SURE EXACTLY WHERE THIS COMES FROM BUT THEY SAY IT IS
       EITHER A SHOOTING STAR THAT ALMOST COMPLETELY BURNED
       UP IN THE ATMOSPHERE, A PIECE OF LUNAR LAVA THAT ERUPTED
       FROM THE SURFACE OF THE MOON EONS AGO OR IT MAY BE PART
       OF A LARGE IMPACT METEOR THAT STRUCK THE EARTH AND FELL BACK.

--------------E5DC15C299A24E2F1D775AC9

&nbsp;
more than others.
meteorite might be.
not the same thing. I agree that not all
where it says:IT MAY BE PART
an extra terrestrial ;-)
TEKTITE. SCIENTISTS ARE NOT</i>
FROM BUT THEY SAY IT IS</i>