[meteorite-list] Fine example of "Don't Worry, Be Happy"...

From: magellon <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:07 2004

--------------F7367ABE79A604D8E34164EC

Dave and List,
This guy sold a similar creation in Jan.: (see first item and update)
http://home.earthlink.net/~magellon/update2.html
I guess it is easier to manufacture wrongs than to find them.:>)

ALL - JUST A SUGGESTION: It might be better to discuss possible wrongs on
meteoritecollectorsassociation_at_yahoogroups.com (IMCA)
and leave LIST for meteorites - (Not complaining - just suggesting)

Best,
ken newton
Meteorite Identification on Ebay

David Freeman wrote:

> Good Saturday All;
> Jerry, this looks like a river cobble that some of the small pebbles
> have fallen out of. I wouldn't buy it, but you can buy it for $5 and
> determine what it is though. Great disclaimer, why buy it with that?
> There is another ebay meteorite/wrong up there too. Call me suspicious
> but unless I seen it is from someone we know, I wouldn't buy it. Period.
> "Someone said, grandma found it, a rock shop said" ....in no way
> makes a positive identification of a meteorite..........There are plenty
> of list and non list members that do sell genuine meteorites, and
> guarantee them, and do not have a full page disclaimer.....Doh!
> Dave Freeman
> Rock Springs, WY
>
> Jerry A. Wallace wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > This is one you've got to see. Don't miss the "worm hole meteorite",
> > but mainly,
> > check out the multitude of disclaimers and explanations. This is one
> > laid back/
> > persnickety auctioneer that has his/her ducks in a row.
> >
> > Jerry Wallace
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2169954293&category=3214
> >

> > or: *eBay** Item # 2169954293*

--------------F7367ABE79A604D8E34164EC

Dave and List,
on&nbsp; meteoritecollectorsassociation_at_yahoogroups.com (IMCA)
Identification on Ebay</a>
$5 and
that?
me suspicious