[meteorite-list] New italian meteorite found and fall

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:07 2004

Hello all

This email for give 2 news:

The first is a new meteorite found in the Piemonte
Region, the history of the found is this:

The person, Mr. Felice Francesco a excursionist with
the passion of the mountain, has found the meteorite
in a moraine near the lake Valscura, in the Argentera.
 Unfortunately it is not remembered the precise date
but the year is of secure 1995 while the month likely
was August, but is not secure. The person took the
stone for curiosity, seen that was the unique black
rock in a zone with clear stones. The piece weighs
200 grams, has an appearance pyramidal and presents a
clear black crust with tracks of breaks from shock.
They are present some tracks of rusty in some zones.
The measures is 6 cm of base 5,2 cm. of height and 4,5
cm. of depth. In the part cut for the analysis, the
matrix is brown - grey with presence of a lot of
particles of iron.
I have acquire the complete meteorite and cut only 6
big complete slices and 4 little - 3 of this is go
sold immediatly - all with crust. The meteorite is
under analysis in the Istituto Geofisico Toscano,
Tuscany Region and probably it will be presented in
the next Met.Society Meeting. Sorry, is not a
Pultusk...... ;-)

The second news is:

Another meteorite is fall over the roof of a house
breaking a tile in South Italy. A little meteorite it
was found from the proprietor of the house that it
preserved the meteorite above the fireplace for
memory. To the end it has decided to carry the piece
to the university of Rome for the analysis. Half
meteorite was given to the museum, while the other
half is in the hands of the founder. I hope to have a
piece of this meteorite.
Regards

Matteo

If interested in one of the 6 slices I have cut
contact me in private, I have the photos.

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/