[meteorite-list] OT question about the universe?

From: Rosemary Hackney <ltcrose_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:06 2004

Well .. best I remember Tom.. it has to do with the red shift. If things
are getting closer they shift toward the blue end of the light spectrum..If
they are going away, they shift to the red end of the spectrum. Kind of
like a light , Doppler effect. Due to the apparent shift of light toward
the red end, scientists hypothesize that objects are moving away ( toward
the red shift ).. meaning things are expanding.

Rosie