[meteorite-list] Park Forest - Free!

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:06 2004

--part1_b6.1b273f8e.2bc47235_boundary

=20
Tom wrote:

> Walter seems to
> understand that not everyone can afford everything!=20

But Tom, the statement "not everyone can afford everything" is hardly the=20
same thing as "meteorite collecting is only for the rich." Of course not=20
everyone can afford everything. Is there any hobby or pursuit or investment=
=20
in which that's not true? I can't afford the things that were flying around=
=20
in Park Forest for five figures either, so I concentrate on the things I=20
can, while being happy and excited for people who can acquire those things,=20
and can share them and display them to us. And I'll work as hard as I can,=20
hoping to chip away at the distance between them and me. As I wrote=20
earlier, there are loads and loads of honest-to-God meteorites available for=
=20
practically not much more than the cost of postage. If you're going to=20
complain (and resign from the list, etc) any time you "can't afford=20
everything".....well, it's going to be a long, bitter ride.

    Gregory

PS Tom, you wrote "I have=A0a gorgeous intelligent caring wife, two beauti=
ful=20
intelligent daughters......!" I don't have those, and I envy you, but I'l=
l=20
try not to complain about it on the list. =20

--part1_b6.1b273f8e.2bc47235_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"> <BR>
Tom wrote:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Walter seems to<BR>
understand that not everyone can afford everything! </BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
<BR>
But Tom, the statement "<I>not everyone can afford everything</I>" is hardly=
 the same thing as "<I>meteorite collecting is only for the rich</I>."&nbsp;=
 <U>Of</U> <U>course</U> not everyone can afford everything.&nbsp; Is there=20=
<U>any</U> hobby or pursuit or investment in which that's not true?&nbsp; I=20=
can't afford the things that were flying around in Park Forest for five&nbsp=
; figures either, so I concentrate on the things I can, while being happy an=
d excited for people who <I>can</I> acquire those things, and can share them=
 and display them to us.&nbsp; And I'll work as hard as I can, hoping to chi=
p away at the distance between them and me.&nbsp;&nbsp; As I wrote earlier,=20=
there are loads and loads of honest-to-God <I>meteorites</I> available for p=
ractically not much more than the cost of postage.&nbsp; If you're going to=20=
complain (and resign from the list, etc) any time you "can't afford <U>every=
thing</U>".....well, it's going to be a long, bitter ride.<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory<BR>
<BR>
PS&nbsp;&nbsp; Tom, you wrote "I have=A0a gorgeous intelligent caring wife,=20=
two beautiful intelligent daughters......!"&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I <I>don't</I>=
 have those, and I envy you, but I'll try not to complain about it on the li=
st.&nbsp; </FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff=
" SIZE=3D3 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"><BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_b6.1b273f8e.2bc47235_boundary--