[meteorite-list] paint-fused stone, and impact pictures!

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:05 2004

--part1_1d9.6ee69bb.2bc3ea52_boundary

 jkg_at_theriver.com writes:

> Gregory,
> Thanks for sending a picture of your newest acquisition, it is really
> something. Is it my imagination, or do I see at least 4 different layers
> of paint attached to your stone? What a specimen!

Thanks, John - I'm thrilled to have it! I'm going to need to look at it
with some magnification when I'm home and have a chance. I was able to go
inside the Garza's home (although I think they're just about at the point of
refusing any more requests, there have been so many), the windowsill is (or
WAS!) metal with an off-white or cream-coloured layer of paint. It appears
to me that there are areas where both metal and paint have become fused to
the stone, and areas where only paint is attached. I understand that the
windowsill itself has been purchased by a major dealer (identity withheld
pending dealer's desire to publicize ownership or not), and I think it would
be interesting to visually compare this fragment with the windowsill surface.
  Perhaps Tucson '04. ;-)

Some pics of the Garza home interior at the URL's below - apologies if
someone else has already posted pics of this....I'm just back from PF and
have not yet gone through every single one of the several hundred posts since
last Thursday!

       Gregory

http://members.aol.com/sharkkb8/Garzabedroom.jpg
http://members.aol.com/sharkkb8/windowsill.jpg
http://members.aol.com/sharkkb8/Garzaceiling.jpg

--part1_1d9.6ee69bb.2bc3ea52_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"> <BR>
 jkg_at_theriver.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">Gregory,<BR>
Thanks for sending a picture of your newest acquisition, it is really <BR>
something.&nbsp; Is it my imagination, or do I see at least 4 different laye=
rs <BR>
of paint attached to your stone?&nbsp; What a specimen!<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Thanks, John&nbsp; -&nbsp; I'm thrilled to have it!&nbsp;&nbsp; I'm going to=
 need to look at it with some magnification when I'm home and have a chance.=
&nbsp;&nbsp; I was able to go inside the Garza's home (although I think they=
're just about at the point of refusing any more requests, there have been s=
o many), the windowsill is (or WAS!) metal with an off-white or cream-colour=
ed&nbsp; layer of paint.&nbsp;&nbsp; It appears to me that there are areas w=
here both metal and paint have become fused to the stone, and areas where on=
ly paint is attached.&nbsp; I understand that the windowsill itself has been=
 purchased by a major dealer (identity withheld pending dealer's desire to p=
ublicize ownership or not), and I think it would be interesting to visually=20=
compare this fragment with the windowsill surface.&nbsp;&nbsp; Perhaps Tucso=
n '04.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; ;-)&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
Some pics of the Garza home interior at the URL's below&nbsp; -&nbsp; apolog=
ies if someone else has already posted pics of this....I'm just back from PF=
 and have not yet gone through every single one of the several <I>hundred</I=
> posts since last Thursday!<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory<BR>
<BR>
http://members.aol.com/sharkkb8/Garzabedroom.jpg<BR>
http://members.aol.com/sharkkb8/windowsill.jpg<BR>
http://members.aol.com/sharkkb8/Garzaceiling.jpg<BR>