[meteorite-list] The Rarest Impact Melt Breccia - 76% off

From: Impactika_at_aol.com <Impactika_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:04 2004

--part1_149.e4bb977.2bc26a20_boundary

In a message dated 4/6/2003 9:00:30 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Starbits_at_aol.com writes:

> In a message dated 06-Apr-03 7:26:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
> MARSROX_at_aol.com writes:
>
> << Blaine brought up a meteorite of which I hadn't been aware of that he
> just
> acquired. It's called Smyer (Texas) H5-6. It apparently is about the only
> "H"
> impact melt breccia, although Blaine thought there might be one NWA. >>
>
> Actually there is an H5 impact melt from Burkina Faso. It hasn't
> completely
> determined yet if it is part of the Gao fall or a separate fall. I have
> been selling it under the temporary name of Gao (b) while awaiting the
> results of CRE analysis.
>
> I think that Blaine's price of $12/gm for Smyer is a great price and
> recommend it to anybody who has anything left after Park Forest.

Funny you should mention that one.
I got a piece too. In fact I had 2 but I have one left. It is a very nice
part-end piece with crust and very clear melt areas. A very odd looking
meteorite, very different.

Anne Black
IMCA #2356
www.IMPACTIKA.com
e-mail: IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com

--part1_149.e4bb977.2bc26a20_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">In a message dated 4/6/2003 9:00:30 PM Mountain Daylig=
ht Time, Starbits_at_aol.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">In a message dated 06-Apr-03 7:=
26:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time, <BR>
MARSROX_at_aol.com writes:<BR>
<BR>
&lt;&lt; Blaine brought up a meteorite of which I hadn't been aware of that=20=
he just <BR>
acquired. It's called Smyer (Texas) H5-6. It apparently is about the only <B=

"H" <BR>
impact melt breccia, although Blaine thought there might be one NWA. &gt;&gt=
;<BR>
<BR>
Actually there is an H5 impact melt from Burkina Faso.&nbsp;&nbsp; It hasn't=
 completely <BR>
determined yet if it is part of the Gao fall or a separate fall.&nbsp;&nbsp;=
 I have <BR>
been selling it under the temporary name of Gao (b) while awaiting the <BR>
results of CRE analysis.<BR>
<BR>
I think that Blaine's price of $12/gm for Smyer is a great price and <BR>
recommend it to anybody who has anything left after Park Forest.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Funny you should mention that one.<BR>
I got a piece too. In fact I had 2 but I have one left. It is a very nice pa=
rt-end piece with crust and very clear melt areas. A very odd looking meteor=
ite, very different.<BR>
<BR>
Anne Black<BR>
IMCA #2356<BR>
www.IMPACTIKA.com<BR>
e-mail: IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com</FONT></HTML>

--part1_149.e4bb977.2bc26a20_boundary--