[meteorite-list] Re: 2 grams of Shergotty

From: pkmorgan_at_rmci.net <pkmorgan_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:02 2004

The Shergotty? I've still got it ;-) There was no chance of it getting
lost or anything.

I thought it was a pretty elegant solution to everyone's problem.

Actually Matteo does make somewhat of a point. Dealers of some
collectibles (particularly those that can't be manufactured) can influence
the prices if they have somewhat of a monopoly. There is obviosly a
threshold beyond which no one will buy, but as long as they stay under the
threshold, they can greatly influence the market. Mr. DeBeers (sp?)
understood this very well as far as controlling the diamond industry.

Regards,
Phil