[meteorite-list] Portales Valley and Park Forest

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:10:02 2004

--part1_1a8.12176e74.2bbe0641_boundary

 mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it writes:

> . I know many dealers have buy for high prices
> and now have lost many money for this problem.

Yes. But when I buy shares in Microsoft or General Motors and the price goes
down (true story ;-) I can't really complain to the corporation and ask for
my money back, now can I? I can only sell it for wherever the price goes, up
or down, and be a smarter investor each time. That's part of the risk of
participating in a MARKET. If you're looking for no volatility and
unchanging prices, maybe markets (meteorite or stock) are not the right fit
for you.

<< I sale this for a normaly price ask time ago for the same material, but
not all have this idea, see the CR2 NWA 801, time ago for a CR2 minimum to
pay $300/gr. now the CR2 is sale for $12/gr. >>

So, tell me. We all know you are very unhappy when prices go down (join the
club), especially after investing in a meteorite, to re-sell. What happens
when you invest in a meteorite, and the price that buyers are willing to pay
goes UP dramatically? Do you charge the new, higher going-rate? (If not,
I'll be selling my shares in
"mcomemeteorite, inc", too. ;-)

<< acquire from a person in Piemonte, I have pay this 600$ and is 200 grams
of nice individual >>

But answer my question: what if this same meteorite fell not in Piemonte,
but in the Foro Romano, same day, and all of Roma was in an uproar over it?
Would you be able to buy 200 grams for $600? If not, why not? Same
material.....

<< Zagami $1000/gr. Shergotty I not have but I sale for
the same price or over if I have some pieces. >>

OK, please put me on the top of the waiting list, for two grams of Shergotty,
at $1,000/gram. SERIOUSLY.

It's pretty easy to say that you'd sell it for $1,000/gram, Matteo, when you
don't have any. By the way, I'LL sell it for $500 per gram........but I
don't have any either. ;-)

       Gregory

--part1_1a8.12176e74.2bbe0641_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"> mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it writes:<BR>
<BR>
: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">. I know many dealers have buy=20=
for high prices<BR>
and now have lost many money for this problem.<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BR>
Yes.&nbsp; But when I buy shares in Microsoft or General Motors and the pric=
e goes down (true story ;-) I can't really complain to the corporation and a=
sk for my money back, now can I?&nbsp; I can only sell it for wherever the p=
rice goes, up or down, and be a smarter investor each time.&nbsp; That's par=
t of the risk of participating in a MARKET.&nbsp; If you're looking for no v=
olatility and unchanging prices, maybe markets (meteorite or stock) are not=20=
the right fit for you.<BR>
<BR>
&lt;&lt; I sale this for a normaly price ask time ago for the same material,=
 but not all have this idea, see the CR2 NWA 801, time ago for a CR2 minimum=
 to pay $300/gr. now the CR2 is sale for $12/gr.&nbsp; &gt;&gt;<BR>
<BR>
So, tell me.&nbsp; We all know you are very unhappy when prices go down (joi=
n the club), especially after investing in a meteorite, to re-sell.&nbsp; Wh=
at happens when you invest in&nbsp; a meteorite, and the price that buyers a=
re willing to pay goes UP dramatically?&nbsp; Do you charge the new, higher=20=
going-rate?&nbsp;&nbsp; (If not, I'll be selling my shares in <BR>
"mcomemeteorite, inc", too.&nbsp; ;-)<BR>
<BR>
&lt;&lt; acquire from a person in Piemonte, I have pay this 600$ and is 200=20=
grams of nice individual&nbsp; &gt;&gt;<BR>
<BR>
But answer my question:&nbsp; what if this <U>same</U> meteorite fell not in=
 Piemonte, but in the Foro Romano, same day, and all of Roma was in an uproa=
r over it?&nbsp; Would you be able to buy 200 grams for $600?&nbsp; If not,=20=
why not?&nbsp; Same material.....<BR>
<BR>
&lt;&lt; Zagami $1000/gr. Shergotty I not have but I sale for<BR>
the same price or over if I have some pieces. &gt;&gt;<BR>
<BR>
OK, please put me on the top of the waiting list, for two grams of Shergotty=
, at $1,000/gram.&nbsp; SERIOUSLY.&nbsp;&nbsp; <BR>
<BR>
It's pretty easy to say that you'd sell it for $1,000/gram, Matteo, when you=
 don't have any.&nbsp; By the way, I'LL sell it for $500 per gram........but=
 I don't have any either.&nbsp;&nbsp; ;-)<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Gregory<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
</FONT></HTML>
--part1_1a8.12176e74.2bbe0641_boundary--