[meteorite-list] Missing Ureilite.

From: LabNEMS <staff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:33 2004

Steve:

This one is right out of the Meteorite X-Files. The "truth"
is out there but I doubt you'll see it in print. Allan T. did the
work on it and is correct in that it was originally reported as Nuevo
Mercurio (b).
The confusion arose from conflicting reports of where it was found.

We have some in our Reference Collection. Nova 001 is a real
ureilite, I saw the 350 gram mass back in 1992 although I think a
few grams had already been taken off.

The issue over Nova 001 is not is it real, or does any exist. It's
the reported locality.

Perhaps others will comment here.

Russ K.,