[meteorite-list] Re: Tough Earth Bug May Be From Mars

From: Rosemary Hackney <ltcrose_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:32 2004

lol.. do you think they can be trained to sing Jingle Bells too?

What bug are we talking about? Bacteria in a meteor? I would think it
would have to be a spore former.

In micro lab we had experiments with distance and shielding from UV light.
Even the plastic cover of a Petri dish offered quite a bit of protection as
well as distance. So.. who knows. But I would think, that the problem
would be ..how did they get inside the chunk of rock? If was igneous rock,
I think they would have been fried. Maybe sedimentary rock? Then there
would have to be a lot of water I would think.

Just a thought.

Rosie