[meteorite-list] Re: Did a Comet Swarm Kill the Dinosaurs?

From: E.P. Grondine <epgrondine_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:08:28 2004

Hi all -

Thanks, Bob. It seems the first identifictation, the
one which accompanied the original announcement, and
which I pulled up on the net, was incorrect.

It still seems likely to me that in some extinction
level events we are looking at a billiard-ball type of
"combination shot", where a comet hit an asteroid and
sent it toward our planet.

Now if anyone had only run out the numbers for the
propagation of the Shoemaker-Levy 9/Jupiter impact
blast waves...

ep

<http://skyandtelescope.com/news/current/article_738_1.asp>